I was talking to Grace just today about life back in OH, and she complained a little about my "arch-enemy". Well, she isn't really, but I was reading with interest this email correspondence I had with her last year. I'll highlight the pertinent bits. I do think, on hindsight, that I tend to be quite bitchy and condescending when talking to her. It honestly wasn't my intention. Perhaps I don't put too much thought into phrasing my words. Or more likely, I'm just a bloody bitch.
This email was addressed to the ED and I was copied on it.
Mag (to all): During the last year recycling exercise by the Student Council, the vendor came twice, both time they paid our students $50.
Me (to all): Wonderful! Thanks, Mag.
Mag (to me, copying Andrew): You may want to find out who is keeping the money and how you intend to record all these petty cash.
Me (to Mag, copying Andrew): Incidentally, I’m getting a bit confused here. Is Andrew the resource person for the Student Council? Why is David asking you all these questions? [I guess I should have worded this properly. Realised on hindsight she got defensive because of the way I asked]
A long email from her (I'll just edit out the details):
You have problem with me getting involved in some of the students council? btw I am constantly asked information with regards to the Student Council, just because I am HM.
In fact most of the time, I don't get enough information from you or Andrew about the SC and it makes things very difficult for me. SCREAM!!!!!!! [Now she's blaming me and A for keeping info from her!]
I am doing things out of a need rather than from a point of control. "I eat, sleep also not so free". I know you are very efficient and capable, but at times you may not be in the office with our bosses and we need to fulfil some of their quiries.
So my response, in equally bitchy fashion:
The reason you don’t get information is because you’re not the SC resource person as far as I know. Would you like to be on the mailing list?
The current procedure, which you would know if you were on the mailing list, is [blah blah blah]
I don’t care if you want to be involved in the SC. I had no issues reporting to either you or Andrew. You just need to let me know. I was there when you taught Indora how to inventory the items. Did I make noise? No. Was I defensive when you chased me for the date of PK’s dinner with SC3? No. I am not being defensive about you. I am defensive about ED poking his smelly nose into SC stuff.
Incidentally, why do we need 2 resource people in SC? Are they out of control? Please don’t misunderstand again. This is feedback for me.
You might have probably guessed that I’m a bit stretched with the 2 councils, AHM duties, ensemble (which is unofficial), the movie club, my cluster, and now with the floor party as well as my personal life and exams and work and family. And I haven’t cleaned my room. I’ll be more than happy if you can help out in the SC. You just need to let me know so there is no confusion in reporting. And there’s no need to double report.
As far as I remember, there was silence from her. So there. The way to treat Mag is *not* to be silent in her face because you cannot understand her argument, but to argue till you're blue in the face, and *she* becomes silent.
A point of interest (and amusement) for me is how poor, innocent Andrew constantly gets dragged into my fracases with Mag.

1 comment:
LOL. =P
Post a Comment