Friday, January 04, 2008

Why does nobody want to go out with me?

Victim 1
********
Me: Are you free this evening?
Me: I'm going for a wedding, and I don't know anyone there, not even the bride and groom.
Me: So I'm allowed to bring one friend.
V1: go for wedding dinner?
V1: yikes, thk i'll pass
V1: so awkward!

Victim 2
********
Me: I'm going for a wedding dinner tonight, and I am allowed to bring one friend. Can you come?
V2: Wedding dinner? So weird! People will think I'm your boyfriend!
Me: Huh? How come?
V2: Dowan, dowan. Later Gina (girlfriend) kill me.

Victim 3
********
Me: Are you free this evening? Can accompany me for wedding dinner?
V3: no. whose? i hate wedding dinners
Me: Aiyah.. Go with me? I got no friends..
V3: no.. i m not free either. why do u have to go?
Me: It's my friend's. I don't know any of his friends, but he's an old friend.. I've known him for like 10 years, so must go.
V3: ooo
Me: So how? Go?
V3: no

Victim 4
********
Me: Eh I need to go for a wedding dinner tonight leh.
Me: Wanna come?
V4: WAT
V4: u siao ar
Me: Haha. I need company mah!
V4: siao
Me: Ee yer! I'll be all alone!
Me: Poor me! *cue sad violin music*
V4: siaoo

I'm gonna canvass the market for friends who would go with me, failing which, I might need to resort to bribery.

No comments: