Wednesday, February 20, 2008

An incident before lunch...

A quick post just because I have some time after the window.

I was walking out of Millenia Tower to go to lunch, generally minding my own business. This guy sidles up to me, and I turned around to seeif it's someone I know. It wasn't. I continued walking.

So this guy comes up to me and the following conversation ensued:

Guy: Excuse me, where's the nearest ATM?
Me: Which bank are you looking for?
Guy: UOB
Me: UOB's that way. [point in general direction of Millenia Walk]
Guy: Thank you very much! I'm not very familiar with this area because I don't work here. I'm visiting a client.
Me: I see. Alright. Have a good day. [attempt to walk away]
Guy: Hey wait. Can I have your number?
Me [suspiciously]: Why?
Guy: Don't worry, I'm not going to sell you anything. I just want to thank you for showing me where the ATM is.
Me: It's quite alright. You just go that way. [point again]
Guy: Why don't you give me your number, and I'll just text you mine.
Me: I don't think that's necessary. Thanks anyway. [makes to walk away again]
Guy: Let's be friends. I just want to thank you.
Me [weakly]: Why? It's really not necessary.
Guy: Or you could just give me your business card.
Me: Yeah. Thanks. It's really not necessary. Your ATM is that way.
Guy: [silence] Why not?
Me: Your ATM is that way.
Guy: Goodbye then. And thanks.

Wasn't that simply bizarre?

No comments: