Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Staring incidents

I get unnerved easily. You might not know it, and I guess until yesterday it didn't really occur to me why it is that I didn't like a particular guy in church much.

He stares. Not in a glaring sort of way, but when he speaks, he holds your gaze for about 15 seconds AFTER you finish answering his question. That makes me extremely uncomfortable.

I used to have a friend in uni who does that. I asked him why it was that he would look at someone for an extended period of time, and he just replies, "it's courtesy to look at someone when they talk what". Which *is* true....

Then why is it that I feel more violated (for lack of a better word) than with normal people who speak to you, make eye contact but glance away once in a while?

No comments: