Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Twas the Night Before Christmas

I got this from the broker's report. I think he very free.

Twas the Night Before Christmas when all thru the trade house
Not a screen was illuminated, no one at his mouse

The traders were gone
The P&L was sorted,
No risk of big VaR
No markets cavorted

The bankers were weeping about their Q4 results
Showing falling values, fractional bonuses & general tumult
The M&A business was dead & wealth management gone
Who knew that to be long was oh so so wrong?

The principals were off down in Grand Cayman drinking
While I was alone in the office alone but still thinking

With what burst, which was a big massive bummer
This major event that we saw expand in the summer

Despite Paulson's efforts and the many central bankers
The markets tanked, thanks to insolvent wankers.

I thought of the oil market's previous problems
like Aerochem, like Metro, and Amaranth & Enron
with created past trouble, and bad debts to send on

But this was the new Recession I saw, right here on my lawn
That gave us this volcano & pushed devaluations on
Down from the roof, at the end of this year
Making more danger than global warming to reindeer.

Who can know what the next year will hold?
Bigger busts, bigger doom & lo and behold,
Bigger government, more rules & sovereign investment
More dollar excitement & probable divestment

Out the office I walked into the December night,
Wishing all Amerex customers thank you,
Merry Christmas,
and to all a Good Night!

No comments: